100 year celebration? What exactly is there to “celebrate?
The last Chicago Cubs World Series Championship was 106 years ago. Their last World Series apearance was 69 years ago.
How is it even possible for a MAJOR MARKET professional sports franchise to perform so miserably, for so long?
A few examples of why the Chicago Cubs are PATHETIC:
- The organization – the “powers that be” (including the bullshit “manager” who we can thank for bringing us all together) – stood by while a fan (Bartman) was blamed for and subsequently took the fall for a total meltdown that cost the Cubs a pennant when they were actually in a position to win it all.
- A never ending list of players who couldn’t make it happen when the big game was on the line.
- Psychotic asshole players (Marmol, Bradley, who else?) who’ve choked over and over again, failing miserably when it mattered the most and disrupting team chemistry (bwahaha!) in the process
- An even longer line of players who’ve under-achieved, failing miserably when it mattered the most.
- An organization that has failed to respond appropriately and decisively, in a timely fashion…over and over again.
Lovable losers? You’re out of your fucking minds, there is nothing lovable about the Chicago Cubs.
The joke is on all long-suffering Cubs fans who’ve endured this endless stream of CRAP for so many years, as well as the tens of thousands (more?) fans who spent their entire lives cheering for an organization that should be recognized as the most PATHETIC ever.
The sheeple will continue to blindly support this shit-storm masquerading as a professional sports franchise, while the executives continue to cash in, drawing salaries that I’m sure most of us can only dream of….wink wink! I had high hopes for Tom Ricketts when he purchased the Cubs, but he strikes me as nothing more than just another wealthy, corporate FANBOY, in it for the $$$. I still believe Mark Cuban would have been a much better ownership option.
Lately I’ve been hearing that the New York Knicks are the worst franchise in professional sports….whoever agrees with that statement must not follow baseball, and clearly doesn’t know anything about the Chicago Cubs.
“100 year celebration”? I just threw up in my mouth.